xk3y will not read my HDD

Have you read the manual? Used the search function? If so you can post in here

xk3y will not read my HDD

Postby icethegreat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:33 am

I've read multiple threads and have yet to find a solution. I'm considering that my enclosure is faulty or something. I've shaved the "1mm" area off the micro usb port. I tried a USB stick and successfully saw the stick. I've tried different HDD with the enclosure and same results occur where the xk3y says 0HD. I've tried the y-split cable to power it and nothing. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to pitch in. My other idea now is to purchase this dock but wanted some experienced users to let me know if this would work? I just received my xbox from modchipcentral, they installed the xk3y for me & it looks like its running v1.12(fyi)....
http://www.amazon.com/Kingwin-2-5-Inc-3-5-Inch-Docking-DM-2535U/dp/B004PKE0J8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1326846204&sr=8-13

icethegreat

Re: xk3y will not read my HDD

Postby shadowfox1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:42 am

If nothing is working then in must be the enclosure.. Try a different one 2 see
shadowfox1

Postby icethegreat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 am

shadowfox1 wrote:If nothing is working then in must be the enclosure.. Try a different one 2 see

I tried the dock that i included in the link and works well. The enclosure i had must of been faulty, all is working now.

Didn't want to open another thread but i have a dilemma that i cant just figure (even though i have a feeling its staring right at me): How do I connect the Kinect to the xbox by the back if i have the xk3y dongle hooked up? Y split usb cables? whhhaaaa :doh: :doh: :doh: :think: :think:
icethegreat

Postby wookie groomer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Hello icethegreat, sorry I am not answering your question but asking one instead... :) You sent your 360 off to modchipcentral for an xkey install? I ordered that service and they never responded to my questions or sent me an e-mail confirmation after my order. I have sent a few e-mails and their live chat is never online. How was your experience after you placed your order and how long did it take for them to actually acknowledge you placed and order? I am on the edge of calling my bank and disputing the order because now I am worried they will not honor my order.
wookie groomer

Postby gamerasta » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:09 am

Fat
360 revision: Jasper
Firmware CFW
Dash revision: 13599
Drive Type: lite on
Xk3y revision: R7-2 Falt Flex Cable
x360key Supplier: paly ocio (Spain)
About Info / xKey Firmware Version: Current 1.11. (Have tried 1.12 and 1.06)
USB device type: Powered/and none powered Make/models: WD My Book 2tb Partitioned into 600gb´s usb 2 , 7200rpm./ Usb pen 32gb./ Seagate 80gb, usb2 docking station, 7200rpm.
Partition type/size: Tried ALL. EXT2/3/4. NTFS and Mac os Ext normal and journaled.
USB cables: stock and have tried other.
Any other information: please be as descriptive as possible

Hi guys... i am at my wits end.. i have spent 12hrs straight trying to get the xkey to see the HDD. Installing the key wasn´t hard.. but it WILL NOT recognise any drive under any format.

I have tried 3 diferente HDD´s, (all with External power) and a 32gb USB stick and nothing. i have formatted each one in turn with EXT2/3/4, NTFS and Mac os Extended both journal and non... nothing.

The Micro SD is as the tutorial and has my firmware.bin, and all the other needed files loaded. Yes i have dumped my dvd key and renamed it firmware, and this is confirmed by the xkey display that give me this correct info in the about.

The HDD has the games folder in the root with the .iso in it. The games are all written in lowercase with no weird symbols. I have also tried waiting anything from 20 seconds up to almost 15 mins to see if it takes time to recognise the drive... nothing.

I have changed from the rear xbox usb port to both the fronts and still nothing. I have also swapped the thin white clip-in cables to see if one is defective... nothing

I have tried the xkey in pass through mode.. and works perfectly and boots games as normal.

I am just out of ideas, i have spent all day in and out of forums and tried all possible options. but cant get the xkey to see ANY external storage media. I have written to the company who sold it to e and am waiting a response just incase i have to swap it out.

Any ideas? Please don´t ask me to read the tutorial because i could write you one of my own i have read it so many times, i have even read all of the xkey forum.com also.
gamerasta

Postby Ziltoid » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:44 am

gamerasta wrote:Fat
360 revision: Jasper
Firmware CFW
Dash revision: 13599
Drive Type: lite on
Xk3y revision: R7-2 Falt Flex Cable
x360key Supplier: paly ocio (Spain)
About Info / xKey Firmware Version: Current 1.11. (Have tried 1.12 and 1.06)
USB device type: Powered/and none powered Make/models: WD My Book 2tb Partitioned into 600gb´s usb 2 , 7200rpm./ Usb pen 32gb./ Seagate 80gb, usb2 docking station, 7200rpm.
Partition type/size: Tried ALL. EXT2/3/4. NTFS and Mac os Ext normal and journaled.
USB cables: stock and have tried other.
Any other information: please be as descriptive as possible

Hi guys... i am at my wits end.. i have spent 12hrs straight trying to get the xkey to see the HDD. Installing the key wasn´t hard.. but it WILL NOT recognise any drive under any format.

I have tried 3 diferente HDD´s, (all with External power) and a 32gb USB stick and nothing. i have formatted each one in turn with EXT2/3/4, NTFS and Mac os Extended both journal and non... nothing.

The Micro SD is as the tutorial and has my firmware.bin, and all the other needed files loaded. Yes i have dumped my dvd key and renamed it firmware, and this is confirmed by the xkey display that give me this correct info in the about.

The HDD has the games folder in the root with the .iso in it. The games are all written in lowercase with no weird symbols. I have also tried waiting anything from 20 seconds up to almost 15 mins to see if it takes time to recognise the drive... nothing.

I have changed from the rear xbox usb port to both the fronts and still nothing. I have also swapped the thin white clip-in cables to see if one is defective... nothing

I have tried the xkey in pass through mode.. and works perfectly and boots games as normal.

I am just out of ideas, i have spent all day in and out of forums and tried all possible options. but cant get the xkey to see ANY external storage media. I have written to the company who sold it to e and am waiting a response just incase i have to swap it out.

Any ideas? Please don´t ask me to read the tutorial because i could write you one of my own i have read it so many times, i have even read all of the xkey forum.com also.

Have you swapped the flat white cables that connect to the internal chip - front to back and vice versa.

I can't remember exactly but I had a similar issue and that was my problem. The cables connect to the opposite side to what you would expect... The side that fits nicely is not the one you want.

That probably isn't the clearest explanation... Check the YouTube videos by ozmodchips - they explain and show it pretty well.
Ziltoid

Return to Technical Support