Xkey + Game Update

Ask questions and discuss x360Key here

Xkey + Game Update

Postby fabrice60 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:14 am

Hello everybody,

I'm wondering if I have to accept the Update from lastest game like FIFA 2012 or F1..
I have not flashed my drive since a while (don't know which lt+ version) and before to install the Xkey, I ran Fifa 2012 and I've accepted the update and then.. The xbox has been blocked.
The question is : is there a way to play fifa 2012 without do the update? (using ABGX for ex) or can I accept the update without have to reflash my drive? Will my xbox can be block again?

I know that it doesn't matter for the xkey if the drive is flashed or not, but i prefer to keep my system as it is.

Other topic,
Some games doesn"t work properly (red flash on the power button when launching the game through the xkey menu)
For ex : Dark Soul, Driver.
The isos arent modified, I just put them into the HDD. Should I do something on the iso before?

Xkey Version 1.05
Xbox Elite FAT
Dash : 13599

Thanks a lot for your help
fabrice60

Re: Xkey + Game Update

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:20 am

fabrice60 wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm wondering if I have to accept the Update from lastest game like FIFA 2012 or F1..
I have not flashed my drive since a while (don't know which lt+ version) and before to install the Xkey, I ran Fifa 2012 and I've accepted the update and then.. The xbox has been blocked.
The question is : is there a way to play fifa 2012 without do the update? (using ABGX for ex) or can I accept the update without have to reflash my drive? Will my xbox can be block again?

I know that it doesn't matter for the xkey if the drive is flashed or not, but i prefer to keep my system as it is.

Other topic,
Some games doesn"t work properly (red flash on the power button when launching the game through the xkey menu)
For ex : Dark Soul, Driver.
The isos arent modified, I just put them into the HDD. Should I do something on the iso before?

Xkey Version 1.05
Xbox Elite FAT
Dash : 13599

Thanks a lot for your help

as with anything to do with live again its at your own risk, i personaly update everything that comes through but i know that im doing it at my own risk.
Paul

Postby fabrice60 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:06 am

I don't use the live function of these games.
I just want to be sure what I have to do to run FIFA with the Xkey without block the xbox.
From my point of view (maybe I'm wrong) there is 2 options :

1. I accept the update asked by fifa : The update goes wrong and I get a error message asking me to put an original disk to complete the update.
Result : Xbox block, update not finished, cannot use my drive anymore, impossible to launch the game through the Xkey.

2. I accept the update, everything going well but my drive flash back with an "original version" (which don't allow me to run backup game).
Not certain that the game will work with the xkey..

I guess many people are in this case..
I remember when I had a xtrem Lt 1.3, I had to use ABGX to change the wave (wave 4 to wave 2) and remove the game update in a same time. Maybe something similar now with AP25, AP26 and XGD3?
fabrice60

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 am

fabrice60 wrote:I don't use the live function of these games.
I just want to be sure what I have to do to run FIFA with the Xkey without block the xbox.
From my point of view (maybe I'm wrong) there is 2 options :

1. I accept the update asked by fifa : The update goes wrong and I get a error message asking me to put an original disk to complete the update.
Result : Xbox block, update not finished, cannot use my drive anymore, impossible to launch the game through the Xkey.

2. I accept the update, everything going well but my drive flash back with an "original version" (which don't allow me to run backup game).
Not certain that the game will work with the xkey..

I guess many people are in this case..
I remember when I had a xtrem Lt 1.3, I had to use ABGX to change the wave (wave 4 to wave 2) and remove the game update in a same time. Maybe something similar now with AP25, AP26 and XGD3?

even though you're not playing on live, your still connected to the live network for the update which gives u a risk of a ban. it wont ask fo an original disc as it believes that is the original disc, but bare in mind this can still flag u for a ban if u play online or not.
Paul

Postby fabrice60 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:52 am

it wont ask fo an original disc as it believes that is the original disc => It asks yes.. First time, I get a FIFA 2012 iso on NGs. burn it like that without changes anything. I put the DVD in the drive, start the game, I got a message asking me for an update, I click on YES, the update goes wrong around 50% with the following error message :
Can’t read the update from the disk. Please reinsert the disc to continue the update. Status Code : 3151-351F-B800-0F00-C000-0034
Afterwards, impossible to launch any backup. (drive has been "flash back")

The Xbox has been flash again when I install the Xkey and I don't want to do again the same error.

The following games still not working with my Xkey (rev 1.05) BF3, driver SF, Batman, Dark Soul... The screen turn black with a red light on xbox's power button...
I though the Xkey will deal with the new xbox protection..
fabrice60

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:08 am

fabrice60 wrote:it wont ask fo an original disc as it believes that is the original disc => It asks yes.. First time, I get a FIFA 2012 iso on NGs. burn it like that without changes anything. I put the DVD in the drive, start the game, I got a message asking me for an update, I click on YES, the update goes wrong around 50% with the following error message :
Can’t read the update from the disk. Please reinsert the disc to continue the update. Status Code : 3151-351F-B800-0F00-C000-0034
Afterwards, impossible to launch any backup. (drive has been "flash back")

The Xbox has been flash again when I install the Xkey and I don't want to do again the same error.

The following games still not working with my Xkey (rev 1.05) BF3, driver SF, Batman, Dark Soul... The screen turn black with a red light on xbox's power button...
I though the Xkey will deal with the new xbox protection..

wait so for fifa ur using a back up on disc not the xkey?.....
Paul

Postby fabrice60 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 pm

I try to launch the iso with the Xkey and fifa asks for an update.

The last time I click YES it was 2 week ago with a DVD before intall the Xkey
fabrice60

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:19 pm

fabrice60 wrote:I try to launch the iso with the Xkey and fifa asks for an update.

The last time I click YES it was 2 week ago with a DVD before intall the Xkey

well if u want to try the risk of the update that would be your decision to make, i personaly have updated the fifa 12 while running the back up off my xk3y with no problems, but it is at ur own risk.
Paul

Postby fabrice60 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Ok, thanks for your help.. I'll wait.

The big issue now is not Fifa but other games (Drivers, Dark Soul, BF3, Batman..) When I try to launch the game the screen turn to black and the power button is red (flashing)
Do you know where the probleme can be?
Other game (AP2.5) working well (COD Black OPS etc..).

I though that after install the Xkey I will have nothing else to do to play with the new games.. At this time I can't play any of these new games...
So, my Xkey just launches old game (that I allready have on DVD) from a HDD. A good thing but a little bit expensive only for that...

It will be the same for the next microsoft protection?
I mean, from the topics I've read, it seems that for GDX3 protected game, many people have issues to play with (just google it..) They have to modify the file from the SD card of the Xkey etc etc...
For someone like me, it's a little bit complicate.. I bought this Key [u]to avoid[u] this situation.. Since now, the Xkey doesn't worth the price!
fabrice60

Postby Paul » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:46 pm

fabrice60 wrote:Ok, thanks for your help.. I'll wait.

The big issue now is not Fifa but other games (Drivers, Dark Soul, BF3, Batman..) When I try to launch the game the screen turn to black and the power button is red (flashing)
Do you know where the probleme can be?
Other game (AP2.5) working well (COD Black OPS etc..).

I though that after install the Xkey I will have nothing else to do to play with the new games.. At this time I can't play any of these new games...
So, my Xkey just launches old game (that I allready have on DVD) from a HDD. A good thing but a little bit expensive only for that...

It will be the same for the next microsoft protection?
I mean, from the topics I've read, it seems that for GDX3 protected game, many people have issues to play with (just google it..) They have to modify the file from the SD card of the Xkey etc etc...
For someone like me, it's a little bit complicate.. I bought this Key [u]to avoid[u] this situation.. Since now, the Xkey doesn't worth the price!

you need to fill in the support template as ive already told you to provide me with more information needed. without this i will not be able to help you. i will reply once u have filled this out
Paul

Return to General Discussion