3K3y Fat 'No Keys' Public Beta

3K3y Fat 'No Keys' Public Beta

Postby TheArtificer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:00 pm

This thread is for public testing of the new 3K3y FW for Fat hardware.

*** DO NOT use this on XK3y, 3K3y-S Slim or anything else. ***

This update requires that you have an original game disk and that you have a matching IRD file for that game disk. You can make one yourself with the 3K3y Ripper HW or download one from here:

http://www.3k3y.com/ird_files/

The Goodies:

http://xkeydownloads.com/3k3y/01.99B4.zip

-Firmware update (01.99B4), apply as usual
-FPGA update (01.06), apply as usual

http://xkeydownloads.com/ps3firmware/Ripp3rSetup1.22.msi

-Ripper 1.22, install this on your PC

You may also be interested in the 3K3y Ripper Manual:

http://xkeydownloads.com/ps3firmware/3K3y%20Ripper%20User%20Manual%20V2.1.pdf

Preparing Your ISOs:

For this release it is necessary to re-encrypt your game ISOs using the IRD file of your original game disk.

1) Obtain an IRD file for your game disk
2) Enable the custom D1 option in the Ripper (menu Tools|Options)
3) Decrypt your ISO
4) Re-encrypt your decrypted ISO from step 3. When prompted for a D1 select the IRD from step 1.

Keep the decrypted ISOs if you can, the next major update will remove the need for step (3)

When Custom D1 is enabled the Ripper will also allow you to use the original game IRD file during the ISO rebuild process directly. This will make life easier if you are creating a lot of ISOs.

Using 3K3y

There is one main difference when using 3K3y with this FW. When you select a PS3 game ISO you must insert your original game disk. If the disk is already inserted it will be detected, if it is not you will be prompted to insert it. The remote will display a message asking for a PS3 game disk and the blue disk status LED on the PS3 will blink 3 times

A new cfg option has been added, AUTOEJECT=Y/N, setting it to Y will cause the BD drive to eject the game disk after ISO play back has started. Useful since 3K starts in passthru mode if you power on with a disk inserted

UPDATE:

http://xkeydownloads.com/3k3y/01.99B6.zip

Should solve the 8001050F problem some have been seeing
TheArtificer

Re: 3K Fat 'No Keys' Public Beta

Postby admin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:04 pm

All current PATA (fat) 3k3ys on the market can be easily updated to this firmware via USB once the device is installed in your system.

Remember to read what TA has written above carefully before asking questions.

And...

Have fun

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Do NOT private message me regarding issues with Xk3y.com etc. I am the admin of the forum, nothing to do with the website. Also do not message me asking for xk3y help, ask on the forums.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 3K Fat 'No Keys' Public Beta

Postby scrano » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Just a quick question, if someone could answer it. The inserting your original game disk feature with this firmware, will that be a permanent feature, or is that just in the beta testing phase? I'm just wondering if the WiFi remote is going to be pointless now, if you've gotta go and put your original disc in each time you switch iso files
PS3 Fat CECH-G02, 302-R BD-Rom, 320gb, 2Tb Seagate External HDD SRD00F2, XKey Remote, No Keys FW
scrano

Re: 3K3y Fat 'No Keys' Public Beta

Postby admin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Not sure if there is a way around it, however you can just leave the disc in there, no need to eject it, you can switch ISOs 100000 times without getting up. You only need to insert the disc after the console is on. The 3k3y will not prompt for the disc after the game is selected if it is already in there.

There is a setting in the config file that will auto EJECT the disc after you go into the game if you want to enable that.
The only reason we enabed this feature is that if you leave a disc in there when you turn off your PS3, and turn it back on ti will boot into passthrough mode.

It is up to you if you want to enable the feature or not however
Do NOT private message me regarding issues with Xk3y.com etc. I am the admin of the forum, nothing to do with the website. Also do not message me asking for xk3y help, ask on the forums.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Assburger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 pm

Excuse me if my question comes across as lazy or just noobish, but I'm having a hard time updating the firmware on my 3k3y. I did read all the tutorials i could find and manuals.
For starters, the microSD that is inserted into the chip is empty, the way it's explained on the tutorials, the firmwares are installed on consoles that already have extracted BDkeys and so on via the remote. Since my ps3 is neither downgraded nor jailbroken, I am unable to install the firmware. The remote only says "NO FIRMWARE" and there's no useful option on it's menu. So how do I get around this? Does the flashdrive with the Firmware update has to be on formatted on a special format(I've tried FAT and NTFS)? Can't I just pop in the MicroSD from the chip in my PC and put the firmware in there somehow?

Thank you, and apologies if the answer to this question is supposed to be common knowledge.
3K3Y PATA on CECH-G03 / Drive PS3-302-R / NoKEYS / Remote V1 / Ripp3r PATA using default keys
Assburger

Postby TheArtificer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 pm

Put the update files on a USB HDD or flash drive and plug it into 3K
TheArtificer

Postby Kal-el » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Thank you for this fantastic contribution! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Regards
Kal-el

Postby Assburger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:30 pm

TheArtificer wrote:Put the update files on a USB HDD or flash drive and plug it into 3K

Ok It worked, I inserted the flashcard into the slot that connects the remote to the chip.
Thank you for your patience!
3K3Y PATA on CECH-G03 / Drive PS3-302-R / NoKEYS / Remote V1 / Ripp3r PATA using default keys
Assburger

Postby iNAND » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Is there a changelog available for differences since 1.04 ?
Has anything else changed ? ... like PS2 support ?
iNAND

Postby Assburger » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:09 pm

(nothing to see here)
Last edited by Assburger on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Assburger

Next

Return to General Discussion