RGH for Xk3y info

Need to get a key from your motherboard?

RGH for Xk3y info

Postby admin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:15 am

Each xbox has a 'drivekey' which is located on the DVD drive, and also on the motherbord.
For the xk3y to emulate a DVD drive properly, it needs to have this key, and in some other cases, some more information.

Microsoft have 2 DVD drive hardware types in production which all the experts are stumped as to how to get the key easily out of the drive.

These are the:

Liteon DG-16D5S

Firmware 1175
    Firmware 1532

Hitachi DLN10N

Firmware 0500
    Firmware 0502

Maybe one day the key can easily be extracted from the drive, but until then we need to work with what is possible. In August 2012, the xkey team where the first to support the Hitachi, and then they added support for the 1175 drive a few weeks later, and the 1532 in December 2012.

What we have to work with now is the Reset glitch hack. It is a magical hack that allows you to run custom code on your console, and therefore get your DVD key. You need to dump the NAND of your console, and obtain the CPU. The CPU key can then be used to decrypt the NAND, which holds the DVD key.

This is not intended to be a full guide on how to perform this, but point people in the right direction for it.
Do NOT private message me regarding issues with Xk3y.com etc. I am the admin of the forum, nothing to do with the website. Also do not message me asking for xk3y help, ask on the forums.
admin
Site Admin

Re: RGH for Xk3y info

Postby OzModChips » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:31 am

Firstly , the amount of consoles you can RGH are always changing

Hitachi 500's appear in Trinity consoles
Hitachi 502, and Liteon 1175, 1532 are in Corona v1, v2, v3, v4 etc

Regardless of the console motherboard type, all dashboard up to 2.0.16202 and lower can have the RGH performed on it. if the dashboard is above 14719 you will need the Team X DGX 1.0s

Here are some Corona tips using the following equipment (for 2.0.14719 and below):

- TX CR3 Lite
    - SD card reader (TX/Maximus etc) for 4gb xboxs, i.e corona v2 OR
    - NAND-X RGH edition for Corona v1.
    - J-runner software (its free, but feel free to donate to the publisher)

Here are some Corona tips using the following equipment (for 2.0.15572 to 16202):

- TX DGX 1.0s
    - SD card reader (TX/Maximus etc) for 4gb xboxs, i.e corona v2, v4 OR
    - NAND-X RGH edition for Corona v1/v3
    - CPU PostFix Adapter for Corona v3/v4
    - J-runner software (its free, but feel free to donate to the publisher)

Glitching a corona unit is hard the first time, but here are the settings we use that work every single time on every unit we have tried. Please not the boot times don't matter, if the console boots once, thats all you need.

This is for consoles with the firmware of 14719 or below:

- Program CR3 Lite in Jrunner with the version corona 2-3
    - Short LK2
    - Make sure the switch is set to Slim
    - Activate the 470 pf cap on S2 by turning on the 6th switch
    - The CPU_RST line is important! The blue wire that is provided will cause issues when used most of the time. find yourself 14cms of Kynar wire (yes, actually 14cm, not 13 or 15) and use that instead. We used 30AWG Kynar wire.

And for firmware above, when you when you using the DGX you can just use the dipswitch to set it to corona...and use the recommended settings

The console should glitch within 1 minute. Get the CPU, flash the nand back, and you should know how to do the rest (hint - its in the manual!)
OzModChips

Postby dzieciak59 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm

I have a problem with generating fcrt_enc.bin file. It generates the many programs that the instructions from the xk3y. All data on the drive is correct but when you try to start the game or ISOMenu it says open tray. As if DVDKey was incorrect.
I once had a similar problem with the Corona 4GB but a colleague who co xeBuild program helped me and it all worked. Unfortunately, I can not catch a long time. I know that a file has just fcrt_enc.bin something changed three times since improved and he sent it to me, and finally succeeded.

Can someone help me?
dzieciak59

Postby abarrios17 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Hello i have a corona 4GB V2 slim, i managed to get the DVD key and the CPU key and i do have a 48mb NAND dump, but i cant create the fcrt_enc.bin, because 360 flash tool says its wrong size or unsopported, how can i generate that file? help me please.....

oh and i have a 1175 drive, a friend helped me with the RGH and i have the NAND dump, DVD and CPU key, the only file left is the FCRT_ENC.bin
Please someone help me!!!

Edit by Zephyr: Merged needless double post

edit by admin: No need to quote everything as well!
abarrios17

Postby OzModChips » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Use J-runner

Click on

'TOOLS' --> Extract files.

Thats it, done :)
OzModChips

Postby abarrios17 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33 pm

OzModChips wrote:Use J-runner

Click on

'TOOLS' --> Extract files.

Thats it, done :)

I Love You Bro!!!
Thanks a lot!!! :clap: :dance:
abarrios17

Postby araaglas » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm

This is not intended to be a full guide on how to perform this, but point people in the right direct for it.

So need full guide, guys.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IJLJo.gif[/img]
araaglas

Postby Zephyr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Highly likely will not happen: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8943#p57161

It is a complicated enough procedure and best left to the experts not a novice. Doing the RGH is not really xkey related. It is simply a means to get the info need to get a firmware file that will work with xkey.

You best bet is to either google or have a professional / someone who knows how to, do it for you
Zephyr

Postby finz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:29 am

I have a question. I know xk3y uses your DVD key to emulate the dvd drive, but can flashing your nand using the RGH interfere with your xk3y if you already have one installed? From what I understand, with RGH available xk3y isn't really necessary anymore in some regards. If you're able to run unsigned code you don't really need something to emulate dvd drive function do you? It would just figure that just a few months after I get my xk3y installed and start loving it, the xbox modding scene simply revolutionizes.

And just my putting my personal opinion out there, but this stuff isn't serious uber-computer-science-calculating-hexadecimal-and-binary-numbers complicated stuff. I'm by no means a soldering or electronics expert, but spending about 10 bucks at radio shack and following a decent guide I fashioned my own LPT cable and jtag'd an old PoS Xenon and was flabbergasted when it worked. It died hours later before I even got my first game to work due to an overheating GPU thanks to M$'s top quality components and design, but that had nothing to do with the success of the project and is beside the point. Encourage people to experiment on old consoles while warning them of the possible consequences of what they're doing, but it's incredibly assumptive to tell people that this is way beyond them pro-level type stuff.

Anyways I'm looking to perhaps RGH my Trinity so I can play some great XBLA stuff but there are just way too many conflicting opinions out there. "You can RGH any console", "No you can't, it has to be below this dash version", "Not if you buy this component" etc etc. I'm wondering if I should just remove my xk3y or leave it in because it shouldn't matter. Further, I'm finding that whatever this DGX attachment is it's only needed for a Corona model, right? I'm thinking I should only need the Nand-X RGH Edition, Coolrunner board, and my jtag experience and all should be dandy, no?
finz

Postby Zephyr » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:04 am

finz wrote:Anyways I'm looking to perhaps RGH my Trinity so I can play some great XBLA stuff

You can play XBLA stuff with xkey installed. You simply buy the games and store them on the internal hdd of your console. If you don't have an internal drive get a 16Gb USB stick, plug into the Xbox and format it via the Xbox. Then purchase and download the games to the USB via Xbox live

There is no need for xkey to allow backups of XBLA games to play as they can already be played straight from our Xbox.

As for whether to RGH or xkey... Xkey is more simple for the common user. With RGH there is more to it, especially when it comes to updating the Xbox....

What you should do... No idea... Guess that is your choice... As for whether xkey and RGH will work concurrently - they should... But if you are RGH then there is no real point for xkey (if you know what you are doing)... Though I think with a RGH Xbox live is a complete no, no... But I could be wrong there

As for what dash it RGH works on etc: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7794&p=61786#p61786 and this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9960&p=61793#p61787
Zephyr

Return to RGH Corner